Sunday, May 11, 2008

Grandma H

I hosted Mother's Day brunch at my house today. An Indiana Jones marathon was on (remember Harrison Ford, by the way?). During the scene in Temple of Doom in which Harrison Ford seduces Kate Capshaw, my grandmother began yelling, "They're going to end up in bed! Take off your clothes! TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!"

This made everyone uncomfortable.

It also reminded me of the time that we watched The Jacksons: An American Dream together. My brother and I found the scene in which Joe Jackson maliciously murders Michael's pet mouse (and proclaims "Yeah, we got him. We got him good!") particularly hilarious. My grandmother was inexplicably enraged at our enjoyment of this movie. She began to yell at us. "WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING? THIS IS YOUR HISTORY! THESE ARE YOUR ANCESTORS!"

This was news to my brother and me.



Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: