Friday, May 30, 2008

Winning Over the All-Important Methuselah Demographic

Good news, America! It's time for the veepstakes!

I was watching CNN the other day and the anchors were debating the merits of potential Vice Presidential candidates for McCain. One anchor observed, "He should pick someone young to balance out the ticket."

"Oh, so he shouldn't pick Father Time as his running mate?" I wondered.

"He should pick Baby New Year," said my companion.

"I think Baby New Year is too young to be Vice President, plus he's not even registered to vote," I countered.

"But it's the perfect bait and switch," said Companion. "By the end of 2009, Baby New Year will be Father Time."

Touche.

McCain/Baby New Year in '08!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's not that i deleted my blog. I'm just in kind of retirement. And why did it take you so long to get over there? Sheesh. Isn't your life all about my blog?

Meags said...

I had internet fatigue, but then my fatigue ended right as you went into "retirement."

Anonymous said...

damn. well, you can still read all the scintillating 'back posts'. I mean, I'm hilarious.

Molly said...

I nominate Middle-aged man.

Anonymous said...

i hear that middle-aged man knows a lot about escrow. That could be useful.

Anonymous said...

okay, you need to post. I'm doing all the work here.